Special Practice Notes
Doctors in this practice are competent at handling common health problems. When necessary, they can use opinions from specialists. You can discuss this openly with your doctor, including potential out of pocket expenses.
Despite our best intentions
We sometimes run late! This is because someone has needed unexpected urgent attention. Thank you for your consideration.
A doctor is available during normal surgery hours for emergency advice. Our staff are experienced in deciding the appropriate response to any phone request.
This practice protects your personal health information to ensure it is only available to authorised staff members for the intended purposes and to comply with the privacy Act. To obtain a copy of our Privacy Statement or your medical records, please ask.
Because our practice is committed to preventive care, we may send you an occasional reminder regarding health services appropriate to your case. If you wish to opt out of this, please let us know.
Results are reviewed by the doctors and acted on in a timely manner, with your health in mind. Please phone for your results. A recall system is in place to follow up on any tests results.
Urgent cases are seen on the day.
If you require a home visit for special reasons, please request this first thing in the morning.
Booking a long appointment
Is important for more complex problems -insurance medical, health review, counselling, a second opinion, etc.
This may involve a longer wait. Please notify us if you are unable to attend an appointment well in advance or a non-attendance fee will be charged.
If more than one person from your family wishes to see the doctor at the same time, please ensure a separate appointment is made for each family member.
Time is valuable to all of us. If you fail to attend appointments without adequate explanation, we cannot guarantee your future booked appointments.
Please note”New Patient Fee” will receive a refund from Medicare for $73.95 refunded directly to you, via your bank cards Savings or Cheque account.
All subsequent visits are billed directly to Medicare for all patients with an eligible Medicare card. Please bring your Medicare card to your appointment.
- New patients who do not cancel and do not attend will attract a $50’private’ non-attendance fee.
- Existing patients who fail to cancel and do not attend 3 times in a calendar year will incur a ‘non -attendance’ fee
- After-hours clinics (Friday night and Saturday morning) will attract a ‘Private Patient Fee’ (refer to table below) to be paid in full on the day, there is no exemption for bulk billing.
- A fee will be charged for procedures, infusion and some dressings to cover costs – please enquire at reception at the time of booking.
- Pre-employment, racing, dive and insurance medicals, iron infusions, other infusions, holter monitor, 24 hour blood pressure monitor, Mirena, and Implanon procedures, some procedures and commercial drivers license will incur a fee – please enquire with reception at the time of booking.
- A consult for /about another person who is not physically present, will incur a ‘Private Patient Fee’.
- If the consult is After-Hours or a prolonged emergency, other fees apply – please check with reception. This includes if our on call Doctor is called to the Hosptial/home to see you out of hours.
- Private patients ( and those without a valid Medicare card) are charged at AMA rates. Our fees reflect the quality of our service. Payment at the time of consultation is required.
DELORAINE & WESTBURY MEDICAL CENTRE
After 1pm Sat & P/H
|ITEM NO.||FEE.||MEDICARE REBATE.||OUT OF POCKET.|
|3||$ 41.00||$ 17.50||23.50|
|36||$ 152.00||$ 73.95||78.05|
|44||$ 225.00||$ 108.85||116.15|
|585 urgent||$225||$ 131.90||93.10|